sábado, 16 de enero de 2016

Mauro Libi Crestani: You didn't build that! Somebody else made that happen!

Mauro Libi Crestani: The power of positive thought                               


 I am a natural born introvert. I am not comfortable being the life of the party and I am terrified of being before an audience. But my profession and my talents lead me to being a teacher of kids in college and my love for politics required that I speak before an audience. I also had a radio show and did many jobs as a television broadcaster. But the fear of being before an audience is innate in my being. It is something that I could not get rid of.

 I have always been a positive person.   It’s a funny thing… but the mind is very powerful. If your mind believes that you can do something, then will accomplish that task. Just do not let the mind be won over by the feelings of negativity or fears.  

“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.”

“Don’t let your fears keep you from flying.”

Both are quotes from Peter Pan.


So how does someone like myself overcome a fear such as stage fright?

How does someone who has stage fright go before a tough audience of college students and shine and give a fantastic seminar that more and more students want talk about and want to participate in?

How do I perform in radio and television having this overwhelming fear?

There is a little trick from an acting instructor called Leon Strossburg. He was from many years ago and was an acting teacher to many famous stars such as Marilyn Monroe. Strossburg believed in the power of positive thought. He taught an acting style known today as  Method Acting. It is a belief that the mind can accomplish anything and if properly trained can accomplish anything.

When an actor would have stage fright and many of them do. Like Peter Pan, they would fear into a real creature. If the fear made you sick in the pit of your stomach, you would talk to it and say….

Fear go away, go away from my stomach.

Now the fear may crawl to your legs and make them shake, so you would say to the fear.

Fear, you are getting on my nerves, get away from my legs and stop shaking my legs.

If your fear then went to your voice and made your voice shake or to your head and made you forget your lines, you again would talk to your fear and make it move out of the way.  


The most important thing is to believe in yourself and never let your fears keep you from accomplishing your dreams. By Mauro Libi Crestani.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario