lunes, 14 de marzo de 2016

Mauro Libi Crestani: If you believe you will succeed you are right, if you believe that you will fail, you are also right: The choice is yours.

As a child my dad once bought me a ring. It had many different colors and its colors would change. He told me that it was a mood ring. I was too little to understand that it was just a toy. As I took a test in my third grade class.  I put on my ring and was happy to see that the colors were mixed between purple for cool and blue for calm and relaxed . My nervousness over the test disappeared and I did very well. If the ring would have shown a black color (stressed) or a red color (fear) or maybe even a yellow color (nervousness) , who knows how I would have performed.

Back then I did not know that a mood ring is a ring that contains a thermochromic element, such as liquid crystal that change colors based upon the temperature of the finger of the wearer. I did well because a toy ring gave me a positive feedback that I was calm and I believed it and as a result I did real well on my exam. Positive thinking will achieve positive results. Had I been given negative feedback, who knows if I would have done as well because there is a belief that negative thinking can not achieve positive results.

Norman Vincent Peale in the 1950’s wrote a book called the Power of Positive Thinking and I quote, “Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture... Do not build up obstacles in your imagination.” 

As a child, it took a toy ring to bring me the confidence to believe that I should be calm and that I will succeed. In real life, you have the power to be successful with your attitude. A proper positive attitude in life is what is needed. If you have negative thought and feeling you can not succeed. The good news is that you can change your attitude. You can be successful if you so choose. If you always put limits on everything you do physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them – Bruce Lee.

Your mind is a powerful thing when you fill it with positive thoughts your life will start to change. By Mauro Libi Crestani

Follow us Twitter @maurolibi12



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario